Monday 26 May 2008

with strings attached



The latest debte is over the rescue of two divers who were left behind after a scuba diving trip to the reef. They want to sell their story,( and haven't we seen that done before!) and now the helicopters, government, the department of snatch and grab want their compensation.

You can see the senario now.

Save me, save me,

Hold on a second, we take diners, visa and mastercard. Just let me winch up your wallet first.

I hope when I am travelling around the world and I need help the country im visiting is big enough in spirit to give me a hand. If this is the state of the nation, rescue me with strings attached then something is going wrong. It seems in this age everything has a price.

What price goodwill?

On the other side of the coin, a donation for the good work etc wouldn't go amiss. But that is for the conscience of the divers.

What price gratitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment, stupidity aka Political Correctness needs to be pointed at at every turn.