Thursday 13 November 2008

watch out for those power tools.


I was travelling from Adelaide to Townsville on a Virgin domestic flight and I had to take a power tool with me.

So being a good citizen I rang Virgin Blue and asked if I could possibly take the angle grinder on as hand lugguage. I explained it was a plug in type 240v.

This i assumed would be enough for a decision to be made. Yet the telephone operator had to go away and ask his supervisor. He came back and asked

Will you be using it on board?.

What can you say when someone clearly has no idea.

I asked him did he know what an angle grinder was? Yes he replied.

Can you see me asking the hostess if I could just plug in my angle grinder and have a go at the seats or the windows.

I politely said thanks and later when I arrived at the air port i put the tool in as lugguage. Better to be safe than branded as a mad angle grinder operator!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment, stupidity aka Political Correctness needs to be pointed at at every turn.