Thursday 14 July 2011

My year of complaining

Well six months is up. I've
taken soy sauce back Woolworths
complained about tasteless watermelon and took it back Woolworths
got a refund on a video camera Harvey Norman
brought a galvinizer to task and asked them to do it properly this time Australian Professional Galvinizers
put my foot down and didn't pay for a shonky job North woodwork
vented my anger at Centrelink and their recalcitrant behaviour
written to Tiger airways and Jetstar with my complaint
written to Sleepmaster with a whinge about misrepresentation.
Asked for a second copy of a book as Australia post lost the first one.
rang Continental about no croutons in my cup a soup (got a $5.oo voucher)
and I have ongoing legal action against a certain retail group who sell boating, fishing and camping gear.

I learned:
The ACCC has no teeth when it comes to the man or woman in the street
The Tribunal of consumer affairs or some other inflated title will do nothing to help the consumer if they want justice.
One has to be dogged in the world of complaining. Jumping through hoops helps too!

It is time consuming, frustrating and rarely satisfying. I have 5 months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment, stupidity aka Political Correctness needs to be pointed at at every turn.