Tuesday 12 January 2010

vegetables from somewhere else.


I had a surprise the other day. I wrongly assumed when I bought frozen vegetables from a supermarket chain they would be from Australia. I mean they are just the cheap variety of frozen veg.
but I was astounded to find they came from CHINA. So
when I next bought veg I looked at the packet. 2 out of 3 that I picked up came from China.
What is going on that Australia can't make their own frozen veg.
I try to do my bit but it is increasingly difficult to get something from home.
I had to buy New Zealand veg to get the variety I wanted.
How can we prop up our economy when we are subsidising Mr. Wong and Mrs Foo?
Don't we grow carrots, peas, corn, potatoes, beans etc? And can't we freeze them?
I'm not alone in my thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment, stupidity aka Political Correctness needs to be pointed at at every turn.